There is no doubt that Asian cuisine is one of the most exquisite ones in the world. With its intense flavors, texture, and colorful dishes, the combination of different Asian ingredients is always good.
It suits everything: cocktails and wine, summer and winter, lunchtime and dinnertime. It is really versatile and nutritious.
Getting into the details
As in many other parts of the world, the Asian diet has been influenced by culture, religion, and agriculture.
Nearly half of the world’s population could be considered Asian, and the ones who have access to a good variety of traditional foods are some of the healthiest and longest-lived people on Earth.
Let’s talk about ingredients.
For hundreds of years, Asian people have eaten a diet based on plant foods such as vegetables, fruits, and rice. Meat is rarely the main course of any meal, unlike Western diets, but rather an accent and flavor complement. Fish is often eaten in main dishes.
Other well-known ingredients of the Asian diet are seafood, legumes, and seeds. All of them have their own benefits, and they are really versatile to be combined with others.
Asian cuisine is characterized by its properties: iron and calcium are really present in most dishes.
What about a lovely recipe?
Today, you will learn a delicious shrimp fried rice recipe that will blow your mind. If you are into having a delicious meal, you can check successrice.com/recipes/easy-shrimp-fried-rice/, where you are going to find specific information about the dish. You are going to learn a lot!
This recipe I bring you today will take 25 minutes to be ready, and you need to follow 3 easy steps.
Is there anything better? Yes!
How To Make Shrimp Fried Rice
What’s more, you will use the ingredients you have at hand. So, there are no excuses! It’s simple. Let’s do it.
- 1 packet of Jasmine, white or brown rice.
- ½ tbsp of vegetable oil.
- 1 beaten egg.
- ½ cup of chopped red bell pepper.
- ½ cup of sliced snow peas.
- 4 oz of cooked medium shrimp.
- ¼ cup of thawed frozen beans.
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Sliced green onions (optional).
- To begin with, cook the rice following the package instructions. You can also use leftover rice. Even more practical!
- Then, take a large saucepan and heat ¼ tbsp of the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the lightly beaten egg and scramble it fast until it is soft-cooked. It will take about 1 minute. Take it out of the saucepan and set it aside.
- Finally, put the saucepan over medium-high heat and heat the remaining vegetable oil. Add the bell pepper and the snow peas. Fry everything for about 4 minutes. Combine it with the rice, the shrimp, the peas, and the soy sauce and fry it for 2 additional minutes. Fold the mixture gently in the reserved egg.
Quick and wise tips
- You can garnish the dish with green onion. It is optional, but its distinctive flavor gives a unique touch!
- If you are a vegetarian or don’t like seafood, you can always replace the shrimp with some vegetables if desired. You can play with the ingredients and make this recipe your own.
- It is suggested to use a long-grain rice variety for this recipe because they are usually fluffier and don’t usually stick together. So, you can choose among the different options there are.
Have you noticed how easy this recipe is? You really have to follow just 3 steps and get a gourmet meal. It really has many benefits, since it is healthy, easy to prepare and its ingredients are delicious.
Have you already pictured yourself having a comforting glass of your favorite wine while listening to a relaxing song and experiencing the aroma of this exquisite cooked dish? Don’t you think it’s like being in heaven? Don’t you think you deserve it? I think you do!
So, stop doubting and head off to the kitchen, open that bottle of wine that has been waiting to be drunk for so long and start pampering yourself!
You will have one of the most relishing flavor experiences of your life. Bon appétit!